Wednesday, June 8, 2011

World (Mundial) Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Championship 2011

Walter Pyramid. seats 5k.

It was the first time ever going to Mundials in Long Beach, CA. Tons of the elite bjj players competed last weekend.  The quarter and semi finals matches were great but it seemed like during the finals they started playing a little safe which is totally understandable. It was fun seeing Kyra, Kron, Cobrinha, Caio, Marcelo, etc. compete live.  Cobrinha's post fight interview on stalling from Graciemag

Some things to note. I wish the Acai bowls were just a bit larger for 6 dollars. Also wish they had Brazilian BBQ like they do at Pan Ams. I was glad that my brother's girl brought her laptop so I was able to transfer my videos to her laptop so I can record more (over 2 1/2 hours worth of matches total). 


Lol you can see Galvao right side middle.

10 matches at once. At times I didn't know which match to watch since many were competitive. 

2 big mats for finals

clips of some matches





No comments:

Post a Comment