One of my favorite songs from one of my favorite bands, The Strokes. I hope they'll go on tour next year so I can catch them in concert.
Monday, December 27, 2010
|Not sure how many calories. It's better not knowing!|
Here it is in all it's glory... I picked this bad boy up in the Hayward location last Thursday and it's been less than a week and I'm almost done with it. I'm really not sure how to describe the taste other than it's yummy and it goes with everything. It's been said that the ingredients are chorizo grease, mayo and chili peppers but who really knows. It's 6 bones a bottle but well worth it. If you're ever in the bay area try and stop by La Victoria Taqueria to find out what the fuss is all about. It will change u! la vic yelp
Sunday, December 26, 2010
Well we went bowling again but this time I bowled as well. Its prolly been a year since I bowled last so I was surprised I got a 190. As you can tell by the score I was destined to break 200 but I choked on the last two frames...The second game was pretty bad cos my fourth finger started hurting. That's what happens when you use the house balls that have big ass holes in them. It was fun nonetheless. Prolly go again next week lol.
Monday, December 20, 2010
After the reception I tagged along with Matt, Kayce n Ryan to the bowling alley and took a few pics of them. I saw a raffle for an Ipad and suggested we do it. We might get lucky! In the end I opted not to because I don't want to go back to the bowling alley... you have to be there when they draw the raffle ticket although I wouldn't mind spending a buck or two to possibly win an Ipad amirite? lol
Sunday, December 19, 2010
It was so hard to get a good shot in a short time frame during the ceremony...you gotta dial in your settings instantaneously between shots or else you'll miss your window of opportunity. As always things worked out well. Angela slept through most of the ceremony and all of the reception lol.
|Ty joined in the last second|
|always gotta do a hard pose after smiling in the first one|
|picture time with the baby|
|snuck this shot at a distance|
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Here's a post I found to be be quite interesting. I don't agree with all of it but much of it makes sense. I found number 20 to be really funny and number 55 is so me.
1. You can’t change other people, and it’s rude to try.
2. It is a hundred times more difficult to burn calories than to refrain from consuming them in the first place.
3. If you’re talking to someone you don’t know well, you may be talking to someone who knows way more about whatever you’re talking about than you do.
4. The cheapest and most expensive models are usually both bad deals.
5. Everyone likes somebody who gets to the point quickly.
6. Bad moods will come and go your whole life, and trying to force them away makes them run deeper and last longer.
7. Children are remarkably honest creatures until we teach them not to be.
8. If everyone in the TV show you’re watching is good-looking, it’s not worth watching.
9. Yelling always makes things worse.
10. Whenever you’re worried about what others will think of you, you’re really just worried about what you’ll think of you.
11. Every problem you have is your responsibility, regardless of who caused it.
13. If you never doubt your beliefs, then you’re wrong a lot.
14. Managing one’s wants is the most powerful skill a person can learn.
15. Nobody has it all figured out.
16. Cynicism is far too easy to be useful.
17. Every passing face on the street represents a story every bit as compelling and complicated as yours.
18. Whenever you hate something, it hates you back: people, situations and inanimate objects alike.
19. Ralph Waldo Emerson’s works alone can teach you everything you need to know about living with grace and happiness.
20. People embellish everything, as a rule.
21. Anger reveals weakness of character, violence even moreso.
22. Humans cannot destroy the planet, but we can destroy its capacity to keep us alive. And we are.
23. When people are uncomfortable with the present moment, they fidget with their hands or their minds. Watch and see.
24. Those who complain the most, accomplish the least.
25. Putting something off makes it instantly harder and scarier.
26. Credit card debt devours souls.
27. Nobody knows more than a minuscule fraction of what’s going on in the world. It’s just way too big for any one person to know it well.
28. Most of what we see is only what we think about what we see.
29. A person who is unafraid to present a candid version of herself to the world is as rare as diamonds.
30. The most common addiction in the world is the draw of comfort. It wrecks dreams and breaks people.
31. If what you’re doing feels perfectly safe, there is probably a better course of action.
32. The greatest innovation in the history of humankind is language.
33. Blame is the favorite pastime of those who dislike responsibility.
34. Everyone you meet is better than you at something.
35. Proof is nothing but a collection of opinions that match your own.
36. Knowledge is belief, nothing more.
38. What makes human beings different from animals is that animals can be themselves with ease.
39. Self-examination is the only path out of misery.
40. Whoever you are, you will die. To know and understand that means you are alive.
41. Revenge is for the petty and irresponsible.
42. Getting truly organized can vastly improve anyone’s life.
43. Almost every cliché contains a truth so profound that people have been compelled to repeat it until it makes you roll your eyes. But the wisdom is still in there.
44. People cause suffering when they are suffering themselves. Alleviating their suffering will help them not hurt others.
45. High quality is worth any quantity, in possessions, friends and experiences.
46. The world would be a better place if everyone read National Geographic.
47. If you aren’t happy single, you won’t be happy in a relationship.
48. Even if it costs no money, nothing is free if it takes time.
49. Emotions exist to make us strongly biased towards or against something. This hinders as often as it helps.
50. Addiction is a much greater problem in society than it’s made out to be. It’s present in every person in various forms, but usually we call it something else.
51. “Gut feeling” is not just a euphemism. Tension in the abdomen speaks volumes about how you truly feel about something, beyond all arguments and rationales.
52. Posture and dress change profoundly how you feel about yourself and how others feel about you, like it or not.
53. Everyone thinks they’re an above average driver.
54. The urge to punish others has much more to do with venting frustration than correcting behavior.
55. By default, people think far too much.
56. If anything is worth splurging on, it’s a high-quality mattress. You’ll spend a third of your life using it.
57. There is nothing worse than having no friends.
58. To write a person off as worthless is an act of great violence.
59. Try as we might to be otherwise, we are all hypocrites.
60. Justice is a human invention which is in reality rarely achievable, but many will not hesitate to destroy lives demanding it.
61. Kids will usually understand exactly what you mean if you keep it to one or two short sentences.
62. Stuff that’s on sale usually has an annoying downside.
63. Casual swearing makes people sound dumb.
64. Words are immensely powerful. One cruel remark can wound someone for life.
65. It’s easy to make someone’s day just by being uncommonly pleasant to them.
66. Most of what children learn from their parents isn’t taught on purpose.
67. The secret ingredient is usually butter, in obscene amounts.
68. It is worth re-trying foods that you didn’t like at first.
69. Problems, when they arise, are rarely as painful as the experience of fearing them.
70. Nothing — ever — happens exactly like you pictured it.
71. North Americans are generally terrible at accepting compliments and offers of help.
72. There are not enough women in positions of power. The world has suffered from this deficit for a long time.
73. When you break promises to yourself, you feel terrible. When you make a habit of it, you begin to hate yourself.
74. A good nine out of ten bad things I’ve worried about never happened. A good nine out of ten bad things that did happen never occurred to me to worry about.
75. You can’t hide a bad mood from people who know you well, but you can always be polite.
76. Sometimes you have to remove certain people from your life, even if they’re family.
77. Anyone can be calmed in an instant by looking at the ocean or the stars.
78. There is no point finishing a book you aren’t enjoying. Life is too short for that. Swallow your pride and put it down for good, unfinished.
79. There is no correlation between the price of a brand of batteries and how long they last.
80. Breaking new ground only takes a small amount more effort than you’re used to giving.
81. Life is a solo trip, but you’ll have lots of visitors. Some of them are long-term, most aren’t.
82. One of the best things you can do for your kids is take them on road trips. I’m not a parent, but I was a kid once.
83. The fewer possessions you have, the more they do for you.
84. Einstein was wiser than he was intelligent, and he was a genius.
85. When you’re sick of your own life, that’s a good time to pick up a book.
86. Wishing things were different is a great way to torture yourself.
87. The ability to be happy is nothing other than the ability to come to terms with how things change.
Sunday, December 12, 2010
|I always love seeing the reaction of the people who aren't opening the gift|
|you know alvins plotting when he got his fingers on his chin stroking his beard ever so gently|
|Okay what am I supposed to be looking at|
|Alvin trying to hide the Swatch watch whilst posing|
|BK glad he got his front row Bieber tix|
|To steal or not to steal|
|Alvin showing us what he does best|
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Thursday, December 2, 2010
Long story short, I left my sunglasses at da wedding so I picked up some old school Blues Brothers style sunglasses from Amazon and figured I should take a self portrait. I'd say 7 bucks well spent.
If you don't know by now, I'm a big fan of Bruce's movies and philosophy. Also it's funny we referred to my brother as Bruce when we were younger lol. possibly a reason why he's into martial arts today.
It was Bruce's B-Day last week. Here's a couple cool vids...the songs in these clips are very nostalgic for me. He would have been 70 if he were still alive. He died at a young 33, very weird to think about since he was so influential at a young age.
sorry mobile phone users. youtube vids do not display. i can't change that option since they're not my vids.
The movie that made him an international star. full version
final scene in Chinese Connection
too bad his films weren't dubbed in his own voice until Enter The Dragon but that's how they did things back then
opening and ending credits from Game of Death which compiles scenes from his old films .
im thinking about rasterizing a pic of Bruce for my wall next to my other poster.