Friday, November 19, 2010

R-ALA


Yeah I bought a new supplement today. I rarely buy supplements other than Vitamin C, Multi-Vitamin and Fish Oils but I've heard some good things about this particular supplement and I figured it's worth a shot and experiment just for now and forgo the reliable BCAA supplements I've used in the past.  I don't really need to change my eating or my workout habits, I just need to take this supplement before each meal in order for it to be effective.

R-ALA is a supplement which is similar to ALA (Alpha Lipoic Acid), a natural antioxidant that turns glucose into energy. R-ALA is just a purer and more potent form of ALA. Since it increases muscle glycogen, it will increase your muscle cell volume (bigger muscles) and also contributes to the pump you feel when lifting. 

People also report fat loss with this product. Since this product turns glucose into energy(the carbs you eat turn into energy rather than turn into stored fat, eg nutrient partitioning) which means you will get leaner without using a thermogenic(creates heat to burn fat ie fat burners with ephedrine, caffeine, etc). 

I figured since it is safe, on sale and will allow me to eat carbs with no guilt, I'll try this supplement out. 30 dollars for a 30 day supply but I'll lessen the dose at first to assess my tolerance. I'll prolly start it this weekend if not this coming Monday. If anything it will have a psychosomatic/placebo effect and produce results that way since I don't like wasting money! Results are results nonetheless.


6 comments:

  1. I started the R-ALA and had a great workout. Not sure if it was teh supplement or of it was mental lol. We'll see how my energy levels and my workout output goes from day to day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this product works. I lost about 5 lbs and I still have a week to go. Pretty good considering I ate a ton on Thanksgiving and Christmas and went to a few buffets and missed some workouts half way through. I'll work out harder and longer this last week and hopefully I'll have a better idea if the product worked or whether it was just my own motivation or possibly a mixture of both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol maybe i'll lay off La Vics Orange Sauce this last week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. finally done with the R-ALA. I lost a total of 7 lbs on it but I was also on a calorie deficit, i weight trained and did cardio exercises. Pretty good results since I went to the buffet a couple days ago. I'll continue to work out and eat the same and comment back again how I feel working out without the R-ALA.

    ReplyDelete